Creative Critical Reflection #4

      My animation relies heavily on technology. In terms of hardware, I had used a Wacom tablet to help making my by-hand animation. The process is quite straight forward, a drive is installed onto a computer and a stylist is used to help draw digitally by hand. There’s no use of a mouse, however it is still limited and slower in terms of accessing all program points in software as each one is different from one another in terms of what it is.

     I had also used a piano in integrating my music. Using the Yahama provided driver to allow my keys to be synced to any key-based production via the FL Studio software. Although playing things key based is not as technical, it has allowed me to quickly produce melodies, beats, and rhythms. It has also allowed me to fit pacing better without needed to constantly adjust it in FL Studio instead. This is due to my animation not exactly up to sync in the typical 4/4 manner and would allow me to change notes or the needed pace base on the situation of the animation rather than going back and forth.


     I had also used a microphone to aid in enhancing heard voices as well as decreasing background noises to make the process of adding the voices into my film easier. I had then moved onto the software known as REAPER to change pitch, add distortion, reverb, and also intermixing with Adobe Audition for some of the features both of them lack towards the goal I had when creating the voices for the characters to used. Making it seem more ethereal and a way people on Earth wouldn’t normally sound like. 

Comments

Popular Posts