Project Selection - Film

      What has interested me of films will definitely have to be the visions directors have put forth for films and the execution thereof, it is no easy task to be able to create films from ideas. There will always be time restrained, staff availability, and expenses to make it. All of these factor in to how good a movie will look, not necessarily feel. That aspect is entirely up to whomever makes the script for the movie. The fact that movies are a joint effort among people is interesting, but isn't all the appealing towards me particularly due to a lesser degree of control in management. What also interests me is how films decide how they will shoot the movie, how cuts and perspectives will be used to carry how a certain atmosphere desired by the director for the audience. Whether it's using the rule of thirds to emphasize automatically the focus of the situation, or over the shoulder to reveal stuff we may need to know of the current environment or situation that the character may or may even be aware of. Film always has so many different processes to it, and I certainly feel like the process is what can be engaging about understanding a film.

      As for my skills in making a film, I have never done so. However, I have done amateur photography before when taking pictures of animals, although those tend to be "in them moment". What settings my camera was to had was very important on setting mood and a certain feel from the image. Even going as far as to edit them in adobe on occasion or various other photos I had stocked up in my library. Even if I've never made a film, I do have a clear vision on what I could want from one if I were to do it.

      For the issues of making a film, it would certainly have to be the connections and expenses that ring the loudest for me. I don't know anyone well enough who could cover these two things for me, and not even for the allotted time given. Where certain works I have imagined would be difficult to bring to fruition without the appropriate props, setting, and costumes. Even if I already know what I want in general in my head, I doubt bringing it to fruition would be as a simple task for me. Especially so when I'll have to create retakes and compromises with actors or anyone helping me in the development process.

Comments

Popular Posts