Project Selection - Magazine

          Within the confines of print media, what has caught my attention has been the processes of creating sources and relying on sources for information to give to the public. The means and necessities from having two sources at a minimum do show how important it is for the information to be considered reliable. Journalism of the past had been reporting on findings and information to allow others to make their own opinion on the information given, it doesn't rely on purely projecting your opinion into others, but to allow others to create their own thoughts without limiting themselves from any sort of analysis given from the available information. And for what I have learned through these processes. Journalism has evolved some tricks to learn of other information, such as "following the money" to find where other sources that have potential links to the known source and maybe get an even bigger picture.

          What skills I might have for making a magazine. I do often see myself as "creatively logical" I'm able to make creative formats in an organize, uniform manner to make sense to a degree of my vision. Not only that, but as an artist, I have a deep understanding towards using art to be able to speak more than just through words themselves. To make it have purpose and as to why the art pieces might be in the certain positions.

         One challenges I will have to undertake, is understanding the creative process that typically go into making magazines to be able to give it the feel of one without too many unconventional ordeals. I would want to make this a magazine and nothing but one. So therefore, there will be guidelines I will have to follow to create a magazine to the best of my ability. There's also the issue in creating a way of promotion of what's in the magazine without sounding like a catalog as well as the placement of ads, as I am very unfamiliar with the format of ads within a magazine.

Comments

Popular Posts